Friday, July 17, 2009

Tis the Season for Grapefruit...

I'm not really a fan of grapefruit, but while I was shopping at Trader Joes, I found one that I thought was really pretty (I know right), so I decided to pick one up with hopes of finding a recipe for it later. Well, while browsing online for a recipe...I sliced up any citrus fruits that I had in the house and decided to make a little photo shoot. These are some of the photos...

Then after messing around a big with my camera...I decided that I better start making whatever it is that I was going to make. I was able to find a recipe for a grapefruit salad. It has a rather odd selection of ingredients...and although I didn't enjoy the outcome because I don't like grapefruit, my boyfriend thought it was amazing! Here it is!

Grapefruit Salad with Mint Yogurt Dressing

-2 Pink Grapefruit
-1.5 tbsp Extra Virgin Olive Oil
-10 Ounces Seedless Grapes with the Stems Removed
-1 tbsp Honey
-2 Handfuls Raspberries
-12 Mint Leaves, Finely Shredded
-1 Cup Thick Plain Yogurt


Directions
-Peel and segment the grapefruit over a bowl and reserve any juices that drip from them.
-Heat skillet and add 2 teaspoons of oil and add grapes. Cook over high heat to blister them slightly, shaking the pan often to cook them evenly. Add the grapefruit juice and cook until it's almost evaporated, then add honey and bring to a boil. Then tip the product into a bowl and leave to cool.
-When the grapes are cool, add grapefruit segments, raspberries and remaining oil and gently toss.
-Mix the mint into the yogurt.
-To serve, spoon the fruit salad into 4 small bowls and dollop minted yogurt on top.

And this is what you get!

1 comment:

  1. sounds yummy to me! Do you like grapefruit segments just dipped in sugar? That's the way my fiance eats it.

    ReplyDelete